Canee.net is an interactive center for professionals working in the field of child abuse and neglect prevention and intervention in Eastern Europe.
Canee.net was created in 2001 thanks to the financial support of Open Society Institute. The website was designed to build upon and promote the professional networks established by the Eastern European Child Abuse Prevention and Treatment Program, created in 1995 by collaborative project of Open Society Institute, Soros Foundations Network and Children’s Mental Health Alliance.
In 2006 the website was redesigned and rebuilt to be the inspiring, accurate and professional tool for organizations and individuals in Eastern Europe.
Nobody’s Children Foundation from Poland is responsible for the substantial content and operating of the website.
Canee.net aims to:
- Disseminate information about child abuse, neglect prevention and treatment in Eastern Europe
- Provide a forum for Eastern European child protection professionals to share knowledge, research and experiences.
- Promote best practices and multidisciplinary cooperation between professionals working in the areas of medicine, education, psychology, social work, law enforcement, and judical reform
- Help in building professional networks and cooperation among organizations and individuals working for the benefit of abused and neglected children
- Recognize outstanding individuals and organizations that work to establish polices, programs and services that protect children, strengthen families and build effective and efficient child and family welfare services
Financial support is being provided by the OAK Foundation.